Just a few quickies:
– As much as I try not to be a slave to the scale, it does help to see those numbers slowly but steadily decreasing. But when I’m stuck at or around one number for a few days, it does start to mess with my mind a little. I believe it’s too soon for a plateau but at the same time that’s what it kind of is by definition, so I’m trying to do a couple of things to push past it. Hopefully it won’t stick around too much longer.
– There’s no delicate way to say this. No matter how much roughage and vegetables I add to my diet, my body apparently still takes issue with letting go of the waste, if you know what I mean and I think you do. Thank God and/or medical science for the wonder that is Miralax. Stupid poopy.
– The weather is doing two things: (1) making it very, very easy to consume nothing but water and (2) making it very, very difficult for walking outside, which has been the main form of exercise I’ve been doing so far. I’ve literally had to force myself to wait until almost 8pm every night before starting off on my treks. Which, okay fine. I’m hoping all that extra sweat will add up after awhile and then I’ll be able to appreciate something, ANYTHING, about this hellish heat wave we’ve been saddled with the last few weeks.
– I still really want a bicycle and I believe that will be my first reward to myself once I reach a legitimate milestone. We have some serious hills in the neighborhood that I’d be interested to see how I’d handle on a bike.
– Lastly, a question: Do any of you guys ever use ankle or wrist weights for when you do walking, running or cardio? I’ve been using 2 lb ankle weights and I don’t know – do you think it matters? I figure I have them so it couldn’t hurt, but I also feel like a dweeb with them on. Like some poseur who’s walking, not running and not wearing cool work-out clothes or hundred dollar sneakers or something. Not that I honestly care what my neighbors think. I don’t know.
Either way, things are moving right along despite a little less activity on the scale and the potty.